This article appeared in the Winter 1966 (Issue #6) edition of the Kent Archaeological Review.
Permission should be sought from the Honorary editor (in writing) to reproduce or quote from articles in the K A R.
The CKA and the Honorary Editor are not responsible for opinions and statements expressed by contributors to the K A R.
Letters to the Editor --
Demolition at Ravenscroft, Bromley.
A letter by Mr Pickering in the August newsletter mentioned the demolition of Ravenscroft, Bromley. This building, erected in 1660, was one of the finest remaining in Bromley and was listed by the Ministry of Housing. Its demolition in 1965 was a serious and deplorable loss to the area. Happily the new Greater London Borough of Bromley seems to be much more aware of its obligation to its traditions, amenities and local history.
Before Ravenscroft was demolished members of the West Kent Border Group were able to record the plan, draw the facade in detail and to take photographs. A coloured slide of the main exterior has now been sent to Mr Pickering as requested.