This article appeared in the Spring 1977 (Issue #47) edition of the Kent Archaeological Review.
Permission should be sought from the Honorary editor (in writing) to reproduce or quote from articles in the K A R.
The CKA and the Honorary Editor are not responsible for opinions and statements expressed by contributors to the K A R.
Young Archaeologist Award.
Each year the CKA makes small awards to young people from affiliated
CKA Groups who have made a substantial and responsible contribution to
Kentish archaeology and who have showed particular ability either in the
field or in research. Each Group may nominate annually one of its members
under the age of 21 years and each winner receives a special certificate and
the KAR for one year.
We are pleased to announce the winners of the 1976 award and offer them
our congratulations. We hope they will continue with the good work!
- Gordon Hutchinson—Dover Arch. Group.
- Philip Brouard—Darent Valley Archaeological Training School.
- Angela Cott—Kent Archaelogical Rescue Unit.
- Gregory Barry—Sittingbourne and Swale Archaeological Group.
- Deborah French—Springhead Group.
- Joanne Wall—West Kent Archaeological Group.