You are here:Homepage > Kent Archaeological Review
The Kent Archaeological Review (KAR)
A 3-times-a-year journal dealing with current archaeological activity in Kent. It contains reports on discoveries, excavations, the work of archaeological groups, news items, details of meetings and conferences, various features and articles, letters and illustrations.
It is essential reading for all libraries, societies and individuals with an interest in Kentish archaeology. It was first published in April 1965 and many of the back numbers are still available.
(Issues 1 to 30 are no longer available, but many articles from those early days are now available on-line.)
You can now search for previous KAR articles up to issue 167 (2007) by keyword(s)
|253-254.||Special Announcement to all Friends & Subscribers.|
|255-260.||The CKA 54 Years of Success in Kent.|
|263-285.||Some thoughts on the Lanfranc Church of St Gregory The Great, Cantebury: Documents, Archaeology, Saints & The Man, Part 2.|
|284.||Appologies & corrections.|
|288-289.||Book Review: of the North Kent Marshes.|
|290.||The Mithras Temple.|
|291.||Items of News.|
|292.||Special Friends Visits 2018.|
There are now two printed indexes available, covering all entries in KAR numbers 1 to 190:
- Part 1 - covering numbers 1 to 140, is the Audrey Button Consolidated Directory, published in 2000 in her memory.
- Part 2 - covering numbers 141-190, is the Trevor Woodman Consolidated Directory, published in 2013 in his memory.
Each directory is available for £2 each (postage £1), or £3 for both (postage £1) from The Roman Painted House, New Street, Dover, Kent, CT17 9AJ (cheques payable to 'CKA').
Bound Volumes of the Kent Archaeological Review.
Case-bound volumes of KAR in blocks of ten issues, in maroon binding with elegant gold blocking on the spine are available from the address below, or may be obtained at conferences.
- Volume 3; (KAR Numbers 21-30);
- Volumes 7 & 8; (KAR Numbers 61-70, and 71-80) all priced at £6.00 each;
- Volumes 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 & 18; (KAR Numbers 101-110, 111-120, 121-130, 131-140, 141-150, 151-160, 161-170, 171-180), are priced at £8.00 each.
Please add 20% to cover postage and packing. Cheques payable to CKA.