FRIENDS OF C.K.A.
SUNDAY, 3rd SEPTEMBER, 2006
The second FCKA visit for 2006 is to take place on Sunday 3rd September at Wickham Court, Layhams Road, West Wickham. Friends of CKA are cordially invited to attend.
- This is a rare opportunity to be guided around Wickham Court, West Wickham's old manor house built by Henry Haydon in the late 1480's. An early and fine example of a Tudor brick-built house with many very interesting details.
- Opened by kind permission of Schiller International College and Wickham Court School. Close by are the parish church of West Wickham and the site of a Roman settlement on the Roman London-Lewes road, recently identified as Noviomagus.
- At the bottom of the hill at Sparrow's Den Playing Fields is a pitch and putt course and a small tea kiosk so following the site tour energetic Friends can have a game of pitch and putt and thirsty Friends a cup of tea!
Meet at 2.30pm outside the main entrance to Wickham Court. Car-park is nearby, adjacent to St John the Baptist Parish Church.
MAPLET for F.C.K.A. VISIT
to WICKHAM COURT, Layhams Road, WEST WICKHAM
on 3rd SEPTEMBER, 2006 (meet at main entrance at 2.30pm).
If approaching from the M25 turn off at Junction 4 onto the A21 (towards Bromley) to Locksbottom (c. 3 miles); at traffic fights by Chapter One Restaurant turn left onto the A232 (towards West Wickham) until the Coney Hall area, turn left at the roundabout onto the A2022 (Addington Road), left into Layhams Road; Wickham Court and St Johns the Baptist Church are first right at the top of the hill.
By bus from Bromley South Station on the 119, 314 (c. 5 miles) and from Orpington Station on the 353 (c.7 miles).